- The agreement has 29 chapters, only 5 of which are about trade. The other 24 chapters require participant countries’ laws must take a back seat to the trade law.
- This trade agreement is secret. The only eyes that can see it are those of 600 corporations, but not the US Congress.
- This trade agreement requires participant countries’ taxpayers to compensate corporations if the corporation convinces an independent tribunal that it will lose “expected future” profits.
- No more “buy LOCAL” when it comes to government contracts.
- Internet, health and environmental protections are threatened.
If you think the above cannot possibly be true, I thought the same. But it’s true. Here is a video interview about the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement. There are many other videos about people in participant countries protesting the TPP (click here).
The US President wants a fast-track up/down vote on this treaty this fall! If you’re a US citizen and you want to tell your Representative what you think about this, just click here & enter your zip code. To contact your Senators, just click here & pick your state.
This is important. What do you have to lose?